1. CELEBRATE THE GOOD STUFF! In 2013 I lost 80 lbs. I have started a new business. I have started a blog that I love. I have made so many new friends this year! Celebrate your accomplishments. NOW. Do not put it off... don't wait until the next step. Celebrate every victory. Every little one, every big one.
2. It's ok to not know everything. Have you ever spent time with someone that knows everything? Or thinks they do? Or they may not know everything but their way of doing something is always the best? Fun, isn't it? (shake head no here) Here is a secret... there are a million ways to do everything the right way. I'm not kidding. And while a certain way may be your preferred method... it is ok if someone does it differently. It really is.
3. Forgive and forget. Still working on this one. Had a recent situation where I had to be the "mature" one and make some tough decisions, and I mean really tough decisions (I am sorry to those who know me well and spit out your coffee when you read mature being related to me) Sure, I have bitterness, but being right is not as important as being gracious. And I was for sure the right one here... but still... THIS IS A TOUGH LESSON. And I have to constantly check my attitude... but I am doing it.
“As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind, I'd still be in prison.”- Nelson Mandela.Get it? If you leave a bad situation... but never let it go... it lives in you. Don't remain a slave to the negativity.
4. Be yourself. Losing the weight, AND gaining confidence... have enabled me to do what I have always done... I just don't worry about what others think any longer. THIS IS LIBERATING AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! I never fit into a mold. I am a Christian with many liberal views. I am a female and love power tools and getting dirty. I love the beach, surfing and everything related to it. I absolutely love sports, baseball has been my lifelong love. I love to be goofy and have a tendency to never take things too seriously... and kinda make fun of people who do (this is bad don't do this) I love John Denver, Metallica, Johnny Cash, Eminem, bluegrass, U2... Yeah, nothing makes sense here... but who cares? Seriously if someone admonishes you for being who you are... lose them.
5. Never suppress your creativity. We are given creative gifts and suppressing them turns to negativity in our personalities. I was in this situation... and my new business gave me the perfect outlet to release my creativity. Find what yours is and release it. And if your creativity is not appreciated where you are...find a new place to be. Ain't nobody got time for that!
My dear friend and I have a saying... the last month of the year we constantly tell each other "2014 IS GONNA ROCK" (or whatever the next year is going to be) Tell yourself that. Write down your dreams and tell your friends. Then do it. Just do it. See it, feel it, own it, do it. And make sure you tell me all about it. I love to hear about people's stories. Just don't wait until tomorrow to live your life. Today is here and ready for you. Happy New Year to all you wonderful people who have journeyed with me this year and hold on to your hats... next year Kim and Coastal Star are moving forward and will be creating and I TRULY HOPE you continue to grow with me. Cuz I am here to tell you
2014 IS GONNA ROCK!